Complex Made Simple – Help and Guidance

Commercial property is a valuable asset and it can be a very tax efficient investment. We understand the challenges that come with commercial property transactions.

We have experience of acting for Pension Scheme Trustees and Operators who hold portfolios of properties on behalf of  Self Invested Personal Pension Plans (SIPP) or Small Self Administered Schemes (SSAS).  Equally, we represent Tenants whom run their business from commercial premises.

Whatever the reason or the parties involved, we can provide legal advice that is focused and practical.

Helpful Information Links can be found below on a range of property related topics;

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)

You must pay Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) if you buy a property or land over a certain price in England and Northern Ireland.  The tax is different if the property or land is in:

Wales – pay Land Transaction Tax if the sale was completed on or after 1 April 2018.

England – pay Stamp Duty Land Tax

England – pay Stamp Duty Land Tax.

HM Land Registry

Anyone buying or selling land or property, or taking out a mortgage in England and Wales, must apply to H M Land Registry to register:

  • unregistered land or property
  • any new owner of registered land or property
  • an interest affecting registered land or property, such as a mortgage, a lease or a right of way

Read further information at

Energy Performance Certificates

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rates how energy efficient your building is using grades from A to G (with ‘A’ the most efficient grade).

The requirements to commission or be provided with an Energy Performance certificate alter dependant on the transaction and nature of the Property. There are fines for failure to commission or make available a certificate.

Read further information at